Media department brings together the different areas of media including film, broadcasting, digital media and visual communication. There are three BA level degree programmes:
- degree programme in Film and Television
- degree programme in Media Communication
- degree programme in Live Performance Technology.
Degree programme in Media Production and Management is a MA level degree.
The language of instruction is Finnish in all these degree programmes. Some courses will be taught in English for the benefit of exchange students.
The specialisation areas of the degree programmes include:
- film and television (cinematography and editing, screenwriting, production management, sound design)
- television and radio production
- web design
- user interface design
- user-centred design
- visual communication
- graphic design
- 3D modeling
- 2D and 3D animation
- game art
- live performance engineering (lighting, sound, stage and audiovisual engineering)
Media department is an experienced and dynamic actor in R&D projects utilizing the variety of the different competences of the department.
Head of department
liisa . seppanen (at) metropolia . fi
+358 400 846 061