Master’s program in Industrial Management focuses on the fastest growing industry on all continents: service business. The program is tailored for engineers who need to combine their technical knowledge with management competences and the understanding of global service business. In the project learning method, studies are integrated into real-life business projects and students can study while working.
Master’s graduates in Industrial Management are internationally competent management professionals in their field as well as in service business. Each year, upon graduation, our participants publish their Master's projects in the joint database of all Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences. Take a look at a wide range of challenges and company projects successfully handled by our graduates, from the project collection here: www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/237
The project tackled by Industrial management graduates include process and solution development, improvement and innovation projects, strategy and its implementation, as well as service design and development, business model building, improving customer orientation, and addressing those areas which their companies are eager to develop.
Read more and apply for Master's program in Industrial Management
Why send a staff member to IM Master's program?
Does one of your engineers look for career developments, such as ...
- a broader business perspective
- better business performance orientation
- better management and English communication skills
- more international orientation
- more effective team leadership
- increased customer orientation
- ability to co-create with customer
We recommend you to mention this IM Master's program to your staff member. Both your company and your staff member will benefit.
Please consider supporting your colleague in improving competences in service management. Your investment in service management studies can quickly come back in improved solutions, stronger competences and a business view!
The time consumed is minimized and shared between the company and the individual.
Learn more what makes Metropolia Master's degrees special.
Strategic Management with Thomas Rohweder
Each year we have an opportunity to offer companies the workforce of some by our mature IM Master's students. Here are some examples of topics and Master's thesis projects in previous years:
- strategy assessment and implementation plan of an organization or unit
- process improvement resulting is lower costs, higher revenue or improved performance measurement
- improvement of IT systems guided by ITIL or similar systems, e.g. configuration management, CMDB, service catalogue etc.
- business model design and implementation
- evaluation and development of segmentation and sales practices
- improving customer experience management and service orientation
- improving service climate, employee engagement, management practices
- service solutions and organization structures that promote service orientation.
If you suggest a topic, the guidance for your project will come from our Master's program as well as your supervision. For further information, please contact
Dr Juha Haimala
Head of Industrial Management Department
tel. +358 40 678 6776