Metropolia University of Applied Sciences warmly welcomes faculty members and students from its partner institutions to exchange knowledge, experiences and ideas as well as to create inspiring networks under theme “Co-creating Well-being” from 12 to 16 of March 2018.
Topics for the workshops, panels and presentations may include:
- Cultural competence
- Qualified Empathy
- Developing multi-professional collaboration
- Digital storytelling as a tool to support well-being
- Co-creating well-being with women, infants and families
- Co-creating well-being with people with from low socio-economic groups
- Leadership and internationalization of social and health care sector
International Week offers opportunities for project planning, meeting your colleagues and good opportunities to find new partners.
Registration and abstracts
Deadline for registration 30 November
- Online registration for faculty members (closed)
- Online registration for visiting Students (closed)
Deadline for abstracts 15 December
- Please submit your abstract online (closed). The number of files not limited. File size maximum is 25MB
Fees and costs
There is no participation fee for the International Week, however the participants are responsible for their own costs (including travel, accommodation and living).
Registration, opening and get-together from 4 pm onwards.
Presentations open to all student groups (programme)
Multi professional competencies in Health care and social services (meta skills) from 9:00-10:15
Well being across the life span from 10:45 - 12:00
Development trends in health care and social services from 13:00 - 14:15
Service Learning from 14:45 - 16:00
Student Welcome Event
R&D Share and Hear meeting from 14-16:00 in Bulevardi Campus. More information and separate registration
International Week Dinner for faculty members on Wednesday evening at
Thursday 15 March
Student Sitsit, International Dinner - Max 20 students - Fully booked
Addition to the general programme the degree programmes have arranged lectures and workshops for the week. Also the student organisation Soffa ry has organised special programme for the students. Check the programmes below.
- Map of Hotels that are close to our main campus
- Airbnb - Helsinki
- Helsinki Bed and Breakfast
- Map of Hostels in Helsinki - Hostel World
- Recommendation - Myö hostel
Helsinki is a relatively small capital city and the public transportation system is excellent.
Arrival to Helsinki
The nearest airport is the Helsinki Airport, which has good connections to all the European capitals and to the USA and Asia. The airport is 20 kilometres away from the city centre of Helsinki, and the public transport system provides two connections: the trainride takes about 40 minutes and the busride takes about 50 minutes.
- Ring Rail Line trains I and P between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. Train runs every 10 minutes during daytime.
- The local bus number 615 between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. The bus leaves from right outside the arrival terminals.
A regional ticket is required for journeys from Helsinki to the airport and vice versa. Purchase your ticket from a ticket machine or conductor. A night fare is charged 2am-4.30am.
Journey Planner will find you the best the public transportation connections in Helsinki region.
There are also Finnair shuttle buses between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. The Finnair shuttle bus is slightly more expensive than the local bus.
There are also taxis available at the airport, including some special Airport Taxis or Yellow Taxis, which have cheaper rates for groups of clients going in the same direction.
Other practical information
Practicalities, Erasmus and other official documents
email: eija.tamminen (at) metropolia.fi
tel: +358 40 5224911
email: laura.karilainen (at) metropolia.fi
tel: +358 40 6533345
International Coordinators will sign the participants' official documents, such as Erasmus Work Programmes, either beforehand upon request, or after arrival. All participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.