Study module: Game Artist (30 cr)
Game Artist is an Open UAS study module includes three courses and a game project.
- Game Art: 3D modeling (5 cr)
- 2D Background Design (5 cr)
- 2D Character Design (5 cr)
- Multiplayer Game Project (15 cr)
Course descriptions can be found from the Study Guide
Study skills and previous know-how
Open UAS students are not required to have any previous degree or work experience. However, they must have sufficient study skills and previous knowledge in the subject to successfully participate the study module. To ensure this, students are asked to provide a link to their portfolio or samples of their work in the enrolment form (your own original work that demonstrates your artistic ability).
Courses are held during autumn 2017.
- Game Art: 3D modeling is held on 28 Aug - 15 Oct 2017 on Tuesdays 09:00 - 17:00
- 2D Background Design is held on 28 Aug - 15 Oct 2017 on Wednesdays 09:00 - 17:00
- 2D Character Design is held on 23 Oct - 17 Dec 2017 on Wednesdays 09:00 - 17:00
- Multiplayer Game Project is held on 23 Oct - 17 Dec 2017 (Project work in teams. Time TBA)
Courses are held in Metropolia Leppävaara Campus (Vanha maantie 6, Espoo)
Mainly English, but also some Finnish
Study Methods, Completion Methods and Assessment
30 study places for Open UAS students. Study module won’t be implemented if there are not enough participants.
Please enrol to the study module with this eform.
Enrolment deadline is 30 June 2017 at 23:59.
Students will be notified of the acceptance to study module by email by 14 July 2017 at the latest.
Questions related to the study module content and portfolio:
General practical questions:
Programme coordinator, Information and Communication Technology
mira.myllarinen(at)metropolia.fi (on holiday 17 June - 2 July)
General Open UAS > Course supply: Technology