Finnish companies are forerunners in plastic waste management. The plastic waste management starts from cleaning the waters from it, separating it and refining it until it can be re-used in various ways. Products from bio-based and ecological plastics are also developed to better manage the plastic lifecycle. In this innovation challenge Recoin – initiative with Novago and Posintra bring together companies Lamor and Plastex to find new partners and solutions to accelerate the ecosystem of plastic lifecycle management.
The Upcycling Plastic Waste Innovation Challenge will be held 25th to 27th March 2021 Online. Metropolia UAS is participating in the arrangements of the event.
We are organizing a Matchmaking Webinar where you can find your team or talent to bring the solutions to light. The webinar will take place on 8 March at 4 - 6 PM (in Helsinki). Register to the Matchmaking Webinar via this Zoom Form.
- Network and get show your expertise to relevant customers
- The best teams will be awarded
- Further development with Lamor and Plastex
- Build solutions that can bring benefits and be implemented
- Gain new knowledge and learn new tools
Apply to join the Upcycling Plastic Waste Innovation Challenge hackathon event by 12 March 2021 at 12.00 (best teams are selected as soon as applications come in).
Roles of the participants:
- Student: You are welcome to apply to the teams of Lamor and Plastex to solve the challenges of these companies. First, sign in to the hackathon event on Ultrahack´s web page by 12 March 2021 at 12.00. After that you can register in the teams.
- Company representative / Stakeholder / Member of Metropolia Staff: You are welcome to apply as a mentor and/or member of the jury or as a member of the teams of Lamor and Plastex.
- First, sign in to the hackathon event on Ultrahack´s web page by 12 March 2021 at 12.00. After that you can register in the teams.
- Apply as a mentor and/or member of the jury with this Google form by 5 March 2021.
Schedule before the event and during the event days:
- 10.2.2021 at 16.00 - 17.00 Upcycling Plastic Waste Innovation Challenge Webinar (Zoom): A challenge webinar will be your gateway to the Upcycling Palstic waste challenge partners. With introductions to the partners and their challenge, you will have the opportunity to retrive more information and get better prepared to submit your project. You can listen to the recording of the Upcycling Plastic Waste Innovation Challenge Webinar via this Google Drive link.
- 8.3.2021 at 16.00 - 18.00 Matchmaking Webinar (Zoom): Find your team or talent to bring the solutions to light. Register to the Matchmaking Webinar via this Zoom Form.
- 11.3.2021 at 16.00 Mentor Briefing (Zoom): Purpose: To introduce the mentors (& jury) to each other, the event, role and mentoring process and address any questions
- 22.3.2021 at 16.00 Meet the Mentor (Zoom): Purpose: To meet the teams and their intro to the submission and provide some preliminary feedback prior to the event
- 25.3.2021 at 15.00 (- 20.00) Hackathon (Online)
- 26.3.2021 at 9.00 (- 20.00) Hackathon (Online)
- 27.3.2021 at 9.00 (- 16.00) Hackathon (Online)
Emilia Roiha, Project Manager, Ultrahack, +358 50 516 3939, emilia.roiha [at] ultrahack.com