Game Artist is an Open UAS study module extent is 30 credits and it includes three courses and a game project. Study module is held during year 2018. After completing the three courses in spring 2018, students will continue their studies in autumn 2018 by joining in actual teams and start-ups formed in Metropolia.
- Game Art: 3D modeling (5 cr) (Spring 2018)
- 2D Background Design (5 cr) (Spring 2018)
- 2D Character Design (5 cr) (Spring 2018)
- Game Project (15 cr) (Autumn 2018)
Course descriptions can be found from the Study Guide
Study module is organized 5 February - 23 December 2018.
- 2D Background Design is held during 9 Feb - 23 March. Lessons are every other Friday at 9:00-16:00 and online feedback sessions every other Thursday at 17:00-19:00.
- 2D Character Design is held during 2 April - 20 May. Lessons are every other Friday at 9:00-16:00 and online feedback sessions every other Thursday evening at 17:00-19:00.
- Game Art: 3D modeling is held during 5 Feb - 31 May 2018. Exact dates and times to be announced.
- Game Project is held in autumn 2018 (August-December). Exact dates and times to be announced later.
Courses are held in Metropolia Leppävaara Campus (Vanha maantie 6, Espoo)
Study methods, completion methods and assessment
Study skills and previous know-how
Open UAS students are not required to have any previous degree or work experience. However, they must have sufficient study skills and previous knowledge in the subject to successfully participate the study module. To ensure this, students are asked to provide a link to their portfolio or samples of their work in the enrolment form (your own original work that demonstrates your artistic ability).
Enrolment deadline is 8 January 2018 at 23:59. NB! Enrolment time has been extended to 17 Jan at 23:59.
Students will be notified of the acceptance to the study module by email by Friday 26 January 2018 at the latest.
30 study places for Open UAS students. Study module won’t be implemented if there are not enough participants.
Questions related to the study module content and portfolio:
General practical questions: