Destination: Health Care and Social Services
Welcome to Finland and welcome to Metropolia!
Arrival, orientation and semester dates
Students joining the International Semester Programme are expected to participate in the orientation. All the important information regarding your studies, practical issues as well as daily life in Finland will be discussed in the orientation. Best of all, you get to meet your fellow exchange students. A more detailed orientation program will be sent to you later.
Students arriving later for clinical placements will have a meeting with the International Coordinator and the Academic Tutor.
Autumn semester 2018
- Orientation 20-21 August
- International Semester 22 August - 21 December
Semester 2, Spring 2019
- Orientation for exchange students: 24 - 25 January, 2019 (Orientation programme)
- International Semester 24 January, 2019 - 24 May, 2019
The main campus for Emergency care, Elderly care, Nursing, Social services, Occupational Therapy will be located in our new Myllypuro campus. Metro to Myllypuro campus takes 20 minutes from Helsinki city center.
The campus for Biomedical Laboratory Science, Osteopathy, Prosthetics & Orthotics, Physiotherapy and Podiatry degree programmes is located in Vanha viertotie 23 in Helsinki, about a 20 minutes by bus from Helsinki city center.
The campus for Public Health Nursing, Midwifery, Radiography, Optometry and Oral Hygiene degree programmes is located in Mannerheimintie 172 in Helsinki, about a 15 minutes by bus or by tram from the Helsinki city center.
Courses may take place also in other than home campuses.
Please visit the Journey Planner to check the best local transport connections.
Studies, placements and Learning Agreement
Information about International Semester Programme study, placement offer and course descriptions are available in Metropolia webpage. We will upload the signed Learning Agreements in Mobility-Online and send you a scanned copy. In case there have been changes to your original proposal of the Learning Agreement, we will send you further details about via email. Course enrolments will be made based on the signed Learning Agreement. You will meet your academic tutor in the beginning of your study period at Metropolia.
- Oral Hygiene students, please bring your own uniform (a shirt with short sleeves, pants, and suitable shoes to wear indoors) and a nametag.
- Nursing students may borrow a uniform from Metropolia for the Nursing Skills lab hours.
- Occupational therapy, optometry, physiotherapy, podiatry, prosthetics & orthotics students, please bring suitable shoes to wear indoors and a nametag.
- Students who will take part in clinical placement in a hospital will be provided a uniform by the hospital. Students should bring their own indoor shoes and a name tag. A padlock may also be needed.
Visiting address: Vanha Viertotie 23, 00350 Helsinki, room 418
Eija Tamminen, International Coordinator (Osteopathy, Prosthetics & Orthotics, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Optometry, Social Services, Occupational Therapy, Elderly Care)
E-mail: email@example.com / Tel: +358 40 522 4911
Visiting address: Mannerheimintie 172, 00290 Helsinki, room M2026
Katariina Alava, International Coordinator (Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health Nursing, Emergency Care, Oral Hygiene, Biomedical Laboratory Sciences, Radiography and Radiotherapy)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +358 40 653 3345