Orientation and Academic Calendar
Your exchange period starts with an orientation where you will get all the information regarding your studies, practical issues as well as daily life in Finland. Most of all, you will get to meet other exchange students! Attending the orientation is compulsory, so make sure to plan your arrival accordingly. A more detailed orientation program will be sent to you later.
Orientation dates according to study programme
Orientation: 16 -17 August
Industrial Management, Virtual Product Design (Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
Orientation: 24 August
Electronics, Laboratory Sciences, Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering and Degree programme in Energy and Environmental Technology
Orientation: 7 September
Please check other relevant dates from our Academic Calendar.
The degree programmes are situated on different campuses in the Helsinki Metropolitan area, and can be easily reached by public transportation.
- Leppävaara campus, Espoo: Information Technology, Global ICT Business and Supply Chain Management International Semesters (DP in Industrial Management)
- Myyrmäki campus, Vantaa: Electronics, Laboratory Sciences, Virtual Product Design, Joint Semester in Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering and Degree programme in Energy and Environmental Technology
We will upload your personal Metropolia login information (= username and password) into Mobility-Online in early June. Please activate the username by the deadline mentioned in the username document. After you have activated your Metropolia account, you will be able to access Metropolia’s intranet and the course registration system OMA. E-mail us if you have not received the login information in the Mobility-Online system by 24 June.
Information about courses offered during autumn semester 2018 for exchange students in the field of technology can be found in the Metropolia Study Guide: course section. Keep in mind you cannot choose courses from other fields of study! See also section Studies for all exchange students to find about, for example, Finnish for Exchange Students courses and the Study Tour to St. Petersburg.
The Learning Agreement you submitted with your exchange application is now being reviewed. The signed Learning Agreement will be uploaded into Mobility-Online when ready.
The ICT Summer School is organised in August 2018 for the 17th time. As a Metropolia exchange student you are welcome to join ICT Summer School courses and for you there are no tuition fees. All ICT Summer School courses are taught in English. Please find more information about the courses and registration on the ICT Summer School website. The registration deadline for students from Metropolia’s partner institutions is 10 June. Joining the ICT Summer School is a great way to start your student exchange a little bit earlier!
Intranet and Course Registrations in the OMA System
After you have received and activated your Metropolia username and password, please visit orientation.metropolia.fi to find instructions how to:
- find and subscribe to the workspace of your degree programme at Metropolia: “IT & Media Engineering”, “DP in Electronics”. Please also join the Metropolia Incoming Exchange Students workspace.
- find instructions on how to use Metropolia’s Schedule Machine. Most of the course schedules will be available by the end of November in Metropolia’s Schedule Machine where you can search for specific courses by their name or course code.
- find course enrolment instructions. If possible, please enrol before the semester starts using the OMA course registration system. Please check course descriptions and the language of instruction before enrolling. However, if you find it difficult, you can also enrol with the help of our student tutors during the orientation days. The course enrolment periods are:
- Information Technology: May 2 - 31 July 2018
- Biotechnology and Chemical Engineering and Degree programme in Energy and Environmental Technology: Enrolment during the orientation. Chosen applicants are guaranteed places on the courses.
- Biotechnology, Laboratory Sciences, Environmental Engineering: Enrolment during the orientation.
- Electronics: Enrolment during the orientation. Chosen applicants are guaranteed places on the courses.
- Global ICT Business and Supply Chain Management (“Industrial Processes”) International Semesters (DP in Industrial Management): Enrolment during the orientation. Chosen applicants are guaranteed places on the courses.
- Laboratory Sciences: Enrolment during the orientation. Chosen applicants are guaranteed places on the courses.
- Virtual Product Design: Enrolment during the orientation. Chosen applicants are guaranteed places on the courses.
See you at the orientation!
Anna-Liisa & Tiina
Anna-Liisa Auramo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiina Piipponen, email@example.com