The application period will begin on 4 March 2019 at 8 am and end on 30 April 2019 at 3 pm (EET). Application takes place online at Studyinfo.fi. An applicant can apply for up to one degree programme and submit only one application.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business and Logistics, full-time studies
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics, full-time studies
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology, full-time studies
Number of study places are not determined because all applicants who meet eligibility and admission (SAT score) requirements will be admitted.
General eligibility requirements, no discretionary admission.
Applicants whose qualifications can be verified in the Finnish national study credit, degree and qualification disclosure service (Koski) do not need to provide any certificates at all. The following information can be verified in the Koski service:
- the performance and study rights of Finnish secondary schools and vocational schools registered after January 2018
- post-1990 Finnish matriculation examinations
- Finnish higher education and study rights are generally visible from 1995 onwards (there may be exceptions depending on the higher education institution)
Other applicants must prove their eligibility by downloading their certificates to the online application. A scanned file or a good quality mobile camera image is sufficient.
Eligibility is only checked for applicants who are can be admitted based on their SAT test results (acceptable SAT score).
Applicants are recommended to download all the required documents when filling the application or as soon as possible after the application has been submitted. Information and attachments on the application form can be modified via the link in the automatic confirmation e-mail (sent by the Studyinfo system within 24 hours after the application form has been submitted). However, the required documents must be downloaded to the application by the given deadlines.
Documents required by 7 May 2019 at 3 pm (EET) at the latest:
- SAT score reports 1)
- Foreign/international qualifications (if the document is not in Finnish, Swedish or English language, also an official translation into one of these languages must be provided by the deadline given for the document in question) excluding unfinished qualifications, which can be considered if completed by 31 July 2019 2)
- Documents exempting from the tuition fee
Documents required by the deadline for accepting the study place:
- Finnish qualifications (national qualifications in Finland)
- Documents proving the statutory reason for absence on the first year
Documents required by 31 July 2019 at 3 pm (EET):
- Qualifications from graduates of spring/summer 2019 (if the document is not in Finnish, Swedish or English language, also an official translation into one of these languages must be provided by the deadline given for the document in question).
1) The official SAT score report must be delivered directly from the test organizer to Metropolia by using the code 6953. Metropolia uses an electronic service from which the SAT test score data is available. SAT score reports printed or sent by the applicant him-/herself cannot be accepted.
2) If an applicant is a refugee, in a position comparable to a refugee or an asylum seeker and does not have documents in proof of his/her eligibility, the applicant must download one of the following document to his/her application by 7 May 2019 at 3 pm (EET):
- an official decision attesting to his or her refugee status (a decision to grant asylum or a residence permit issued on the basis of need for protection).
- alien’s passports marked ‘identity not verified’
- a photo ID issued by the Finnish Immigration Service
- a certificate issued by the Finnish Immigration Service for a fee (EUR 20) stating that the applicant is legally resident in Finland while their case is being processed, or until a legally valid decision has been made.
Student selections will be made solely on the basis of the SAT test results. Only the new version of SAT test (taken after March 2016) is accepted. SAT Subject Test ("SAT 2") will not be considered.
Minimum SAT scores for admission are:
- Bachelor of Business Administration:
- Evidence-based reading and writing: 500 points
- Math: 500 points
- Bachelor of Engineering:
- Evidence-based reading and writing: 400 points
- Math: 500 points
All applicants who meet eligibility and admission (SAT score) requirements will be admitted. Student selections are made continuously from the beginning of the application period as soon as applications meeting the student selection criteria are received and processed. Student selection decisions will be made by 25 May 2019.
Please note that the study place is conditional until Metropolia has checked your certificates. Metropolia may withdraw the admission, if you have given false information or do not deliver all the required documents by the deadline.
Applicants for admission may apply to Metropolia’s Legal Protection Committee for rectification of a decision concerning student selections within 14 days of the results of the selections being made public.
Confirming the Study Place
Metropolia will send the student selection decisions to the email address indicated on the application form as soon as the decisions are made. In addition, applicants will receive an automatic e-mail from the Studyinfo-system saying that there is a study place to be confirmed at Opintopolku.
According to the One Study Place Per Term Provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland in education that begins in the same academic term (1.8.−31.12. or 1.1.−31.7). This rule applies to all higher education.
In order to confirm a study place, please make sure that you complete all the following steps by the given deadlines:
- Accept the study place within 10 days from the notification of student selection at 3 m (EET) by using the link mentioned in the automatic e-mail sent by the Opintopolku system saying that you have a study place to be confirmed at Studyinfo. Please note that the acceptance of a study place is a binding choice, and cannot be cancelled or changed afterwards.
- Pay the tuition fee as soon as possible if applicable (the invoice will be sent via e-mail within few days from the notification of student selection) and deliver the receipt for paying the tuition fee to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enroll as present or absent for the academic year (enrolment is possible only after the tuition fee has been paid and enrolment opened by the Admission Services).
- If you register as absent, deliver the documents proving the statutory reason for absence on the first year by the deadline for accepting the study place at https://elomake.metropolia.fi/lomakkeet/23762/lomake.html?rinnakkaislomake=ENG_required_attachm.
- If you have applied on the basis of an unfinished qualification (must be completed by 31 July 2019) return back to your application and download the certificates in question by 31 July 2019 at 3 pm (EET).
- If you have applied on the basis of a completed Finnish qualification (refers to national qualifications in Finland) return back to your application and download the certificates in question by the deadline for accepting the study place unless your qualification is verifiable at the Koski service.
- Apply for Visa/residence permit if applicable.
- Make all the necessary arrangements to start your studies.