Metropolia University of Applied Sciences warmly welcomes faculty members and students from its partner institutions to exchange knowledge, experiences and ideas as well as to create inspiring networks from 12 to 14 of May 2020 under below themes.
- Promotion of health and functional capasity
- Strengthening participation and human agency
- Promotion and development of entrepreneurship and leadership skills
- Intelligent, user-oriented solutions and services
International Week offers opportunities for project planning, meeting your colleagues and good opportunities to find new partners.
Registration and abstracts
Deadline for registration (TBA)
- Online registration for faculty members (closed)
- Online registration for visiting Students (closed)
Deadline for abstracts (TBA)
- Please submit your abstract online (closed). The number of files not limited. File size maximum is 25MB
Fees and costs
There is no participation fee for the International Week, however the participants are responsible for their own costs (including travel, accommodation and living).
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Myllypuro Campus.
Address: Myllypurontie 1, 00940 Helsinki.
International Week programme takes place at brand new Metropolia Myllypuro campus located in eastern part of Helsinki in Myllypuro.
The easiest way to travel to Myllypuro campus is with Metro (line M2) - direction Mellunmäki, metro stop is called Myllypuro. The campus is in front of the metro station.
- Airbnb - Helsinki
- Helsinki Bed and Breakfast
- Map of Hostels in Helsinki - Hostel World
- Hotels in Helsinki - Google
Helsinki is a relatively small capital city and the public transportation system is excellent.
Arrival to Helsinki
The airport is 20 kilometres away from the city centre of Helsinki, and the public transport system provides two connections: the trainride takes about 40 minutes and the busride takes about 50 minutes.
- Ring Rail Line trains I and P between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. Train runs every 10 minutes during daytime.
- The local bus number 615 between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. The bus leaves from right outside the arrival terminals.
The greater Helsinki travel area is divided into four zones, identified by the letters A, B, C and D, spreading out from the center of Helsinki.
- Travelling from the airport to Helsinki city center requires ticket covering zones ABC
- Travelling from the Helsinki city center to Myllypuro campus requires ticket covering zones AB
A day ticket is handy if you make several journeys during one day or several days. You can buy a ticket for 1–7 days (24h, 48j, 72h, 96h, etc.) using the free HSL app available from smartphones or HSL ticket machines. More information about the HSL app is available at www.hsl.fi/en/app. Ticket are no longer sold in the trains.
Journey Planner will find you the best the public transportation connections in Helsinki region. The journey planner is available also in HSL app.
There are also Finnair shuttle buses between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. The Finnair shuttle bus is slightly more expensive than the local bus.
There are also taxis available at the airport, including some special Airport Taxis or Yellow Taxis, which have cheaper rates for groups of clients going in the same direction.
Other practical information
Erasmus and other official documents
tel. +358 40 5224911
eija.tamminen metropolia fi
tel. +358 40 6533345
International Coordinators will sign the participants' official documents, such as Erasmus Work Programmes, either beforehand upon request, or after arrival. All participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.