Donation to Metropolia
Metropolia has many things you can make a donation for, ranging from opera and film productions to technology laboratories and premises named after yourself or your organization. Or, you can make a difference by donations for services in health care and wellbeing, just to name some examples.
Research projects also need external resources. Funding is also required for scholarships for foreign degree students (from outside the EU and EEA).
Information on the money collection permit
- Recipient of the money collection permit: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Ltd (2094551-1)
- Issuer of the money collection permit: National Police Board
- Permit number and issue date: RA/2017/1257, issued 1 December 2017
- Collection period and area: The licence is valid from 1 December 2017 until 31 December 2019 throughout Finland, with the exception of the Åland Islands.
- Purpose of the collected funds: Performance of the duties laid down in section 4 of the Universities of Applied Sciences Act (932/2014, as amended) and raising capital for the university of applied sciences in 2017–2019 (amendment 166/2017 to the Money Collection Act).
- Period in which the collected funds are intended to be used: Annually in accordance with the budget
- Practical arranger: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences Ltd
Here are the contact persons if you need more information
Riitta Konkola, CEO and President
riitta.konkola metropolia fi
telephone +358 (0)50 548 6069
Music, arts, cultural heritage and donations for different fields of study
Tuire Ranta-Meyer, director in charge of community relations
tuire.ranta-meyer metropolia fi
telephone +358 (0)50 5262002
Research and science donations
Anna-Maria Vilkuna, RDI Director,
anna-maria.vilkuna metropolia fi
telephone +358 (0)40 334 7929
Grants and scholarships
Metropolia Fund is a private foundation for the benefit of learning and research in Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. More detailed information on the activities of Metropolia Fund can be found in Instructions.
Donations between EUR 850 - EUR 50 000 are income tax deductible for corporations. Metropolia Fund gives out grants and scholarships for research, study and travel to Metropolia students and personnel.
Juha Lindfors, Secretary General
telephone +358 9 7424 5107
Alumni as donators
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, your alma mater, wants to be in contact with you after your graduation. Have you graduated either from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Evtek, Stadia or the previous institutions of higher education, you’re welcome to join Metropolia's Alumni Register.
By keeping in touch with the University of Applied Sciences alumni, you are informed quarterly by Alumni Newsletter about events, happenings, news and continuing studies. You can make a difference to current students' lives by sharing your time and experience, or making a donation to Metropolia. You can choose the very target for your kind donation. It can be addressed either for a study program, laboratory equipment, opera productions, other artistic endeavours or wellbeing and heath care projects.
Milla Hakkarainen, Coordinator of Alumni Cooperation
alumni metropolia fi
telephone +358 50 342 0341