Acquire the tools and network for developing your expertise
A Master’s degree at a university of applied sciences is suitable for you if you are already working, have completed a Bachelor’s degree and wish to deepen and expand your professional expertise.
A university of applied sciences Master’s degree gives you
- the capability for life-long learning and continuous enhancement of your competence and professional expertise extensive and in-depth knowledge of your field that you can use to develop your professional life
- theoretical knowledge for demanding expert and management tasks
- an in-depth understanding of your fi eld and its operating environment
- the readiness for following and analysing research in your field and developments taking place in your profession
- strong communication and language skills for work situations
- the ability to engage in international interaction
A university of applied sciences Master’s degree consists of advanced professional studies, optional studies and a thesis.
The advanced professional studies give you the opportunity to strengthen your application of theory to practice. You get to enhance your analytic and social skills and your competence in project management and R&D. The studies are based on peer learning, which will give you a good network for continuing to develop your work.
The thesis helps you to learn to apply researched knowledge and utilise research methods in your own work and for solving problems encountered in your working community.
Your studies will be arranged so that the challenges of your life situation and your schedule are taken into consideration. Each student will prepare a personal study plan. Studies are based on training solutions that are genuinely workplace-oriented, utilising new teaching technologies and learning at work and providing support for studies alongside work.
The studies consist of 60 or 90 credit points and last 1–2.5 years. Studies can be undertaken alongside work and are free of charge.
The degree gives the same qualification for a public office as a Master’s degree completed at a university or other scientific higher education institution.
Applying for studies
Applicants must have a Finnish higher education degree or foreign equivalent in an appropriate fi eld and at least three years of work experience in an appropriate fi eld after the final higher education degree certificate was issued.
Master of Business Administration in Business Informatics
Master of Social Services and/or Health Care in Health Business Management