SPOTLIGHTERS Erasmus + (2018–2021) project aims to inform educators and students of the
potential long-terms effects of stress and provides them with the competences to reduce these
potential complications from arising.
Students experience stress but most are not taught how to manage their stress effectively and their
poor self-regulatory behaviours persist into adulthood affecting quality of life and contributions to
Excessive stress combined with poor stress management affects students and teachers at all levels
Project process milestones:
Starts from 2018 and ends 2021. Classroom Lessons for students, MOOC for Students, Teaching Support Tool, Teacher Workshops, Teaching Symposium
- Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain, Marc Beardsley and Milica Vujovic
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain, Marta Portero
Advancis Portugal, Ana Silveira
- University of Western Macedonia, Greece, Tharrenos Bratitsis and Michalis Ioannou
LOOP.BZ, Mads Lynge Clauson-Kaas and Mie Guldbæk Brøns
- University of Helsinki, Minna Huotilainen and Vilhelmiina Harju
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Merja Bauters, Hannu Markkanen, Matti Peltomäki,
Metropolia works with Helsinki University in tight collaboration. The contributions include: MOOC
design and implementation, Student stress lesson design and delivery, teacher workshop design
and delivery, testing teachers’ support tool.
Principal investigator Merja.Bauters [at] metropolia.fi
The European Commission Support for the production of this
publication does not constitute an endorsement of the
contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the
Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may
be made of the information contain therein.