A bold Reformer of Expertise and an active Builder of the Future
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland’s largest university of applied sciences, educates the professionals of tomorrow in the fields of Business, Culture, Health care and Social services, and Technology.
In our community people and worlds meet to create insight, expertise and well-being for both the professional life and life in general. You can count on Metropolia as a reliable partner and an innovator in higher education. Through cooperation we discover new ideas and solutions to build a better future.
Metropolia’s strategy 2020 aims at strong renewal. Our strategic intent is to be a bold reformer of expertise and an active builder of the future. Our strategic goals are focus, renewal and growth:
- We focus on high-quality learning and professional life cooperation
- We renew our operating culture and expertise through digitalisation and campus development.
- In terms of research, development and innovation and business solutions, we seek growth especially in impact and external funding.
Our operations are guided by our values: expertise, high quality, community spirit and transparency.
Metropolia in brief
- 16,200 students
- 2,794 Bachelor’s and 477 Master’s graduates in 2019
- Staff 930
- 69 degree programmes - 11 of them in English
- 43 Bachelor's degree programmes - 6 of them in English
- 26 Master's degree programmes - 5 of them in English
- Most popular UAS in Finland in terms of applicants: 3.1 first-choice applicants per
study place in 2019
- Every eighth UAS student in Finland graduates from Metropolia
- 900 foreign degree students, nearly 90 nationalities
- Budget in 2019 EUR 97 million. Turnover and other operational income totalled EUR 98.3 million, a growth of 2.2 per cent from the previous year.
- Concentration of operations from 20 locations to 4 campuses 2016-2020
- Publicly funded and owned by Cities of Helsinki (42%), Espoo (27 %), Vantaa (26%), Kirkkonummi (4%) and Kauniainen (1%)
- R&D&I total volume in 2018 was about EUR 13.3 million
High quality – our target
Transparency – our operating policy
Expertise – our passion
Community spirit – our source of strength