A Bold Reformer of Expertise and an Active Builder of Sustainable Future
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland’s largest university of applied sciences, educates future professionals in the fields of Business, Culture, Health Care and Social Services, and Technology. Metropolia is a community of 16,200 students and more than 1,000 experts. In Metropolia, people and worlds meet to create insight, expertise and well-being.
We all need people who can make a difference: We deal with a wide variety of challenges every day. For some of us, they revolve around more humane care for the elderly, while for others they’re about tackling the profitability issues of a company with data automation, reducing traffic emissions, or developing more sustainable clothing to replace fast fashion. Whether our aim is to make everyday life easier or curb the climate crisis, we need fresh approaches, new ideas and innovations and brave experimentation. At Metropolia, we want to be the platform for all these.
Metropolia is a reliable partner and an innovator in higher education. Through cooperation we discover new ideas and solutions to build a better future. Our phenomena-based innovation hubs enable new ways to learn, create solutions and do multidisciplinary cooperation.
With our strategy 2030, we aim for making a stronger impact for the benefit of society, by putting people first. Our strategic intent is to be a bold reformer of expertise and an active builder of a sustainable future.
Metropolia in brief
- 17,188 students
- 2,537 Bachelor’s and 508 Master’s graduates in 2022
- Staff 1011
- 76 degree programmes - 17 of them in English
- 3.48 first-choice applicants per study place in 2022
- Turnover and other operational income totalled EUR 111,1 million, a growth of 0,5 per cent from the previous year.
- Publicly funded and owned by Cities of Helsinki (42%), Espoo (27 %), Vantaa (26%), Kirkkonummi (4%) and Kauniainen (1%)
- R&D&I total volume in 2022 was EUR 17,8 million (2021: EUR 18,9 million)