A Bold Reformer of Expertise and an Active Builder of Sustainable Future
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland’s largest university of applied sciences, educates future professionals in the fields of Business, Culture, Health Care and Social Services, and Technology. Metropolia is a community of 16,200 students and more than 1,000 experts.
In Metropolia, people and worlds meet to create insight, expertise and well-being. Metropolia is a reliable partner and an innovator in higher education. Through cooperation we discover new ideas and solutions to build a better future. Our phenomena-based innovation hubs enable new ways to learn, create solutions and do multidisciplinary cooperation.
With our new strategy 2030, we aim for making a stronger impact for the benefit of society, by putting people first. Our strategic intent is to be a bold reformer of expertise and an active builder of a sustainable future.
Metropolia in brief
- 16,700 students
- 2,680 Bachelor’s and 485 Master’s graduates in 2020
- Staff 940
- 71 degree programmes - 14 of them in English
- 43 Bachelor's degree programmes - 6 of them in English
- 28 Master's degree programmes - 8 of them in English
- Most popular UAS in Finland in terms of applicants: 3.97 first-choice applicants per
study place in 2020
- 900 foreign degree students, nearly 90 nationalities
- Turnover and other operational income totalled EUR 103,1 million, a growth of 4.9 per cent from the previous year.
- Publicly funded and owned by Cities of Helsinki (42%), Espoo (27 %), Vantaa (26%), Kirkkonummi (4%) and Kauniainen (1%)
- R&D&I total volume in 2020 was about EUR 19.0 million, a growth of 42,5 per cent from the previous year.