A bold Reformer of Expertise and an active Builder of the Future
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland’s largest university of applied sciences, educates the professionals of tomorrow in the fields of Business, Culture, Health care and Social services, and Technology.
In our community people and worlds meet to create insight, expertise and well-being for both the professional life and life in general. You can count on Metropolia as a reliable partner and an innovator in higher education. Through cooperation we discover new ideas and solutions to build a better future.
With our new strategy 2030, we aim for making a stronger impact for the benefit of society, by putting people first. Our strategic intent is to be a bold reformer of expertise and an active builder of a sustainable future. To achieve the strategic intent, we have chosen five themes to which we will invest in the coming years:
- Lifelong learning
- Phenomenon-based innovation hubs
- Sustainable development and growth
- People and culture
We implement our strategy responsibly, openly and in wide-ranging cooperation, across borders.
Metropolia in brief
- 16,200 students
- 2,794 Bachelor’s and 477 Master’s graduates in 2019
- Staff 930
- 71 degree programmes - 14 of them in English
- 43 Bachelor's degree programmes - 6 of them in English
- 28 Master's degree programmes - 8 of them in English
- Most popular UAS in Finland in terms of applicants: 3.1 first-choice applicants per
study place in 2019
- Every eighth UAS student in Finland graduates from Metropolia
- 900 foreign degree students, nearly 90 nationalities
- Budget in 2019 EUR 97 million. Turnover and other operational income totalled EUR 98.3 million, a growth of 2.2 per cent from the previous year.
- Concentration of operations from 20 locations to 4 campuses 2016-2020
- Publicly funded and owned by Cities of Helsinki (42%), Espoo (27 %), Vantaa (26%), Kirkkonummi (4%) and Kauniainen (1%)
- R&D&I total volume in 2018 was about EUR 13.3 million
High quality – our target
Transparency – our operating policy
Expertise – our passion
Community spirit – our source of strength