Practical information for visitors
If you are interested in participating in an international event organised by Metropolia, please check news and event pages for further information. Annually organised international events can viewed on the information box right side of this page.
If you are from Metropolia´s partner institution and wish to visit Metropolia, please contact International Coordinator of your field.
Guidelines for border traffic and health security measures during pandemic
- Latest information about guidelines on Finnish Border Guard website.
- Please note that all persons arriving in Finland are still bound by the obligations stated in the Communicable Diseases Act. Make sure you read THL’s guidelines on their webpages regardless of which country or area you are travelling from: Travel and the coronavirus pandemic - Infectious diseases and vaccinations - THL
Helsinki is a relatively small capital city and the public transportation system is excellent, so there are hundreds of accommodation options to choose from during your stay. The prices in a single room in the capital region are often from 70 € up to 170 € euros per night. You will find more information about the available housing options at hotel booking services sites and tips from International Coordinators.
Arrival in Helsinki
The Helsinki Airport is 20 kilometres away from the city centre of Helsinki, and the public transport system provides two connections: the train ride takes about 40 minutes and the bus ride takes about 50 minutes.
- Ring Rail Line trains I and P between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. Train runs every 10 minutes during daytime.
- The local bus number 615 between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. The bus leaves from right outside the arrival terminals.
Zone ticket ABC (4.10 €) is required for journeys from the center of Helsinki to the airport and vice versa. Purchase your ticket from a the ticket machine, outlet or with a HSL mobile phone app before the journey. There are no longer ticket sales in the trains.
Journey Planner will find you the best public transportation connections in Helsinki region.
Taxis are available at the airport, including some special Airport Taxis or Yellow Taxis, which have cheaper rates for groups of clients going in the same direction.
Campuses are located in the cities of Helsinki, Espoo and Vantaa, within AB zones.
- Arabia Creative Campus
- Karamalmi Developer Campus for Smart Solutions
- Myllypuro Campus for Builders of Well-being
- Myyrmäki Campus for Sustainable Technology and Business
Need an invitation letter, Erasmus+ or other official documents to be signed?
Official documents such as Erasmus+ Mobility Agreements and visa invitations are issued and signed by International Coordinators upon request.
Other practical information
Metropolia is required to collect information about all visitors (for Finnish national statistics). The name, home institution and period of stay of all international visitors will be saved in Metropolia's mobility administration system.
Welcome to Metropolia!