Unfortunately the Staff Week 2020 is cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak. We will organize a Staff Week with the same theme and content in June 2021.
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences welcomes higher education institution services staff from its partner institutions to participate in its 10th International Staff Week in June 2021.
Approx. 30 participants from Metropolia's partner institutions from all around the world come together for this special week to exchange experiences and best practices, benchmark, network and enhance international and intercultural interaction.
When: June 2021
Where: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Myllypuro Campus
Target group: Higher education institution services staff from Metropolia's partner institutions
Theme of the week: The Role of Services in Building the Path Through Higher Education
Application deadline: TBA
Participation fee: TBA
Preliminary programme of the week
Day 1: Arrival, Welcome to Helsinki & Metropolia
- 9:30 Registration and coffee/tea
- 10:00 Introduction to Metropolia and getting to know each other
- 11:30 Introduction to Finnish language and culture
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 Introduction to Metropolia services
- 17:30 Sightseeing tour
- 18:30 Dinner cruise around the coast of Helsinki
Day 2: Unit-specific Programme
- 9:00 Coffee/tea
- 9:30 Campus tour
- 10:30 Unit-specific programme
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Unit-specific programme
- 17:30 --> Voluntary after work/Museum visit together
Day 3: Workshops and Possible Campus Visits
Accommodation and other practical information
Helsinki is a relatively small capital city and the public transportation system is excellent.
- Please see Metropolia's teacher and staff exchange website for information on e.g. arriving to Helsinki, local transport, and events in the Helsinki area.
- NB! Since we may not be able to select all applicants to the Staff Week due to limited space, we do not recommend you to book accommodation or plane tickets before you have received an official acceptance e-mail from Metropolia to the staff week.
- Weather forecast
Information on fee payments will be published here after participant selections have been confirmed.
tel: +358 40 356 3775
anna-liisa.auramo [at] metropolia.fi
Erasmus and other official documents
Erasmus Institutional Coordinator Terhi Topi will sign the participants' official documents, such as Erasmus Work Programmes, either beforehand upon request, or after arrival. All participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
tel: +358 40 652 7661
terhi.topi [at] metropolia.fi