International Days for Staff at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
Metropolia UAS will organise International Days for Staff on May 8 - 9, 2023 at Metropolia’s Myllypuro Campus.
The theme of 2023 is Higher Education Ecosystems in Action.
Target group for the International Days for Staff is personnel working in Metropolia's partner institutions (or in international networks partners) in areas such as leadership, research and innovation as well as administration (Registration closed for this year's event)
- Track 1: Talent Boost - international degree students' integration
- Focus on national Talent Boost Ecosystem and best practices in international degree student integration and a visit to our ecosystem partner International House Helsinki.
- Track 2: Lifelong learning (Learning Networks and Services)
- Focus on customer groups; cases Alumni relations and Competence development of city personnel
- Track 3: Student well-being
- Focus on Traffic light service model (TLSM). The model helps to create a shared framework for guidance personnel to promote student wellbeing and coordinate support services.
- Track 4+5: Customer-oriented Wellbeing and Health Services (HyMy-Village + Metropolia Proof Health)
- Track 4 and 5 joint programme: Guided tour in globally unique Wellbeing and healthcare center and platform, sharing and learning workshop with future builders of wellbeing
- Track 6: Data-driven Construction
- Track 7: Smart Mobility
- Track 9: International relations office
- Focus on ecosystem for Internationalisation, Green Erasmus and Erasmus for all
What to expect: possibility to exchange knowledge, experiences, and ideas as well as to co-create inspiring networks under the theme Higher Education Ecosystems in Action. Please note that the programme will not include teaching opportunities.
Participation fee: 100 € (includes programme, lunches, coffee/tea, dinner on Monday)
Please make bank transfer or credit card transfer to Metropolia account:
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Bank name: Osuuspankki
- IBAN Account No: FI4450000120474696
- SWIFT/BIC Address: OKOYFIHH
- Reference: International Staff Week 2023, Name of Participant/s
- Reference number: 7054
- Tax ID of Metropolia: FI20945511
Should you need an invoice please contact staffweek [at] metropolia.fi
Monday 8 May (Myllypuro Campus)
09:30–10:30 Registration and refreshments (location Myllypuro-Sali)
10:30–11:00 Practical information; Introduction to Metropolia; (location Myllypuro-Sali)
11:00–12:00 Short introductions to Metropolia units/services/platforms participating in the programme (location Myllypuro-Sali)
13:30–16:00 Unit track specific programme (Location up to the unit.)
16:15–17:15 Myllypuro Campus Tour (optional) meeting point: reception, C-building, 1st floor
17:30– Dinner at Myllypuro Campus, Restaurant, A building, 1st floor
Tuesday 9 May
09:00–12:30 Unit track specific programme
14:00–15:30 Wrap-up + refreshment (Showroom MPC1001)
Staff Week Team staffweek [at] metropolia.fi
Practical information on Metropolia and Helsinki
Metropolia Myllypuro campus
The campus is located next to the Myllypuro metro station, 16 minutes from the Central Railway Station, and 2 min from Itäkeskus metro station. Choose Metro M2 - direction Mellunmäki. Exit the Myllypuro metro station direction 'A' called 'Orpaanporras' and you will see the campus ahead of you.
Helsinki is a relatively small capital city and the public transportation system is excellent, so there are hundreds of accommodation options to choose from during your stay. The prices in a single room in the capital region are often from 70 € up to 170 € euros per night. You can find more information about the available housing options on the Google maps or at any hotel booking services sites or Airbnb.
Arrival to Helsinki
The Helsinki Airport is 20 kilometres away from the city centre of Helsinki, and the public transport system provides two connections: the train ride takes about 40 minutes and the bus ride takes about 50 minutes.
- Ring Rail Line trains I and P between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. Train runs every 10 minutes during daytime.
- The local bus number 615 between Helsinki Airport and Helsinki Central Railway Station. The bus leaves from right outside the arrival terminals.
Zone ticket ABC is required for journeys from the center of Helsinki to the airport and vice versa. Purchase your ticket from a the ticket machine, outlet or with a HSL mobile phone app before the journey. There are no longer ticket sales in the trains.
Journey Planner will find you the best public transportation connections in Helsinki region.
Other practical information
- Helsinki in a nutshell (sights, events, restaurants, shops...),
- Weather forecasts for Helsinki
Erasmus+ and other official documents to be signed?
Official documents such as Erasmus+ Mobility Agreements and invitations are issued and signed by upon request by the International Relations Office. Please send your request to staffweek [at] metropolia.fi.