Increasingly sophisticated cyber attacks pose a threat to the networks of companies, organisations and governments. In the case of governments, they can paralyse an entire economic system and even undermine national and international security. And there is no end in sight. Quite the reverse: the danger is ever present and growing. Consequently, the need for skilled network security specialists is rising at a dramatic rate.
The DECAMP project sponsored by the EU is specially designed to address this need. With this in mind, specially selected computer science faculties from six EU countries have joined together to form a strategic international partnership. Together we will be developing and implementing a new model for an Open Technology Online Campus.
Goals of the Strategic Partnership
- To deepen the ICT security knowledge of EU students and promote cross-border collaboration through virtual "mobility".
- To enhance the quality and significance of the ICT security curriculum at EU universities.
- To promote the internationalisation strategies of the six DECAMP partners.
These Goals Consist of the Following Tasks
- Development of innovative practically oriented blended learning online network security courses for the international learning community by applying student-centric didactic methods.
- Creation of innovative hands-on remote virtual and real laboratories.
- Development of a scalable online campus platform through the integration of heterogeneous virtual lab environments and e-learning platforms for courses distributed in a "virtual campus".
- Integration of the courses developed into the study programmes of partner universities and mutual recognition of the courses with six ECTS credits respectively (declarations of intention by the six universities already obtained).
- Effective dissemination of the DECAMP project results in order to win EU students.
Associated Partners Supporting this Strategic International Partnership
- Siemens AG, Germany
- Info World s.r.l., Romania
- University of Aix-Marseille, France