Metropolia University of Applied Sciences research unit Electria is launching a food traceability & safety technology project. The project is about establishing a new food safety technology cluster with showroom operation, piloting and testing. The 2,5-year EAKR-funded project will start on August 2011.
Finland has very strong food safety know-how. Market globalization and food scandals increase the interest in Finnish food safety technology. The challenge is the fragmented industry: companies offer individual solutions to a certain part of the food safety chain. The objectives of forming the new cluster and development platform are:
- Connect different players in food safety technology industry, enabling new innovations and business
- Build and run a showroom of the sector’s products, showcasing the food safety chain from primary production to consumer. If interested in presenting your product in the showroom and gaining domestic and international visibility, please contact project manager!
- Start technology testing and piloting; premises available for high hygienic packaging
- Provide a neutral platform for technology providers and clients to communicate
- Promote export, internalization, establishing new companies and jobs
- Bring international interest and guests to Southern Finland
- Continue as a Vantaa Business Labs cluster after the project
This project is a part of a larger ‘Elintarviketurvallisuusosaaminen vientituotteeksi’ (Food Safety know-how as an export) project, with Helsinki Business & Science Park, Vantaa Innovation Institute, University of Helsinki/Palmenia and University of Turku.
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
Teknobulevardi 3-5, 01530 Vantaa
PO Box 4073, FI-00079 Metropolia, Finland
Mobile +358 40 6709033