Are you interested in sustainability/entrepreneurship related topics?
Business Opportunity Recognition in Energy, Materials and Industry course features the topic of business opportunity recognition via the sustainable development goals in materials, energy and industry. The module is structured in 5 sections and 4 sub-sections, each of which provides state of the art, different perspectives, new trends and best practices as inspiration. The course is 5 credits (EQF6).
- Introductory chapter on the UN Sustainable Development Goals that are closely linked to energy, materials and industry.
- Megatrends and sustainable development in the energy, materials and industry sectors.
- Motivation, network building and resources
- Business modelling for sustainable development in these sectors.
- The learner recognizes the SDGs in the context of business in energy, material and industry sector.
- The learner learns how to apply SDGs to recognize business opportunities in energy, material and industry sector.
- The learner gets inspired from successful business cases related with sustainability, in the field of circular industrial processes, innovative building materials and renewable energy.
How to enroll?
The course should be completed latest by 10.12.2023.
This is a self-paced online course. You can complete this course in English or Finnish. All learning materials can be found in itslearning Learning Management System (LMS). The course consists of reading materials, case studies, videos, podcasts, graphs, presentations and surveys.
- Hye Jung-Majanen, hye.jung-majanen [at] metropolia.fi (hye[dot]jung-majanen[at]metropolia[dot]fi)
- Riitta Lehtinen, riitta.lehtinen [at] metropolia.fi (riitta[dot]lehtinen[at]metropolia[dot]fi)
SDG4BIZ - Knowledge Alliance for Business Opportunity Recognition in SGDs
The course is offered as part of EU funding SDG4BIZ - Knowledge Alliance for Business Opportunity Recognition in SGDs -project. Find out more about the project on our website.
The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.