Are you interested in sustainability/entrepreneurship related topics?
Business Opportunity Recognition in Health and Wellbeing course features the topic of business opportunity recognition via the sustainable development goals in health and wellbeing. The module provides state of the art, different perspectives, new trends and best practices as inspiration. The course is 5 credits (EQF7).
- Introductory chapter on the UN Sustainable Development Goals that are relevant to the health and well-being sectors
- Megatrends and weak signals in the health and well-being sectors
- Company values and clients' expectations
- Business ecosystem formation and SDGs
- Business modeling and key performance indicators for business practices in the fields of health and well-being
- The learner recognizes the SDGs as applicable to business in health and well-being sector.
- The learner recognizes the differences between company values and clients' expectations and how to manage these.
- The learner gains knowledge on corporate responsibility.
- The learner gains the knowledge and skills necessary to determine the required resources and networks (ecosystems) relating to business opportunities created by the SDGs in the fields of health and well-being.
- The learner can identify and interpret the key performance indicators used to measure the impact on people, environment, and profit.
- The learner understands how to validate the business model via personal networks.
How to enroll?
The course should be completed latest by 10.12.2023.
This is a self-paced online course. You can complete this course in English or Finnish. All learning materials can be found in itslearning Learning Management System (LMS). The course consists of reading materials, case studies, videos, podcasts, graphs, presentations and surveys.
- Marianne Pitkäjärvi, marianne.pitkajarvi [at] metropolia.fi (marianne[dot]pitkajarvi[at]metropolia[dot]fi)
SDG4BIZ - Knowledge Alliance for Business Opportunity Recognition in SGDs
The course is offered as part of EU funding SDG4BIZ - Knowledge Alliance for Business Opportunity Recognition in SGDs -project. Find out more about the project on our website.
The European Commission's support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.