International Staff Week
@ Metropolia, 11 - 13 June 2018
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences welcomes international relations staff from its partner institutions to participate in its 8th International Staff Week in June 2018.
Approx. 20 participants from Metropolia's partner institutions from all around the world come together for this special week to exchange experiences and best practices, benchmark, network and enhance international and intercultural interaction.
- When: 11 - 13 June 2018
- Where: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences (address: Bulevardi 31, 00100 Helsinki)
- Target group: International Relations staff from Metropolia's partner institutions
- Theme of the week: Towards Quality in Mobility
- Application deadline: Saturday 31 March 2018
- Participation fee: 120 €
Preliminary programme outline:
Introduction to Metropolia
Registration and getting to know each other
Introduction to Metropolia
Introduction to Finnish language and culture
Intercultural learning and employability
Workshop: Processes of Outgoing Students
Workshop: Processes of Incoming Students
Sightseeing walk + Helsinki Day
Workshops and Possible Campus Visits
1. Short-term mobility / Partnership Cooperation and Development
2. Internationalisation at Home and Virtual Mobility / Staff Mobility
Possibility for campus visits
Please note that the Staff Week is for administrative colleagues from Metropolia's current partner institutions only. The application deadline is 31 March 2018. We are not able to consider late applications or applications from non-partner institutions.
Please have a photo of you ready to be included in the application form: photos will be used in the participant list, which helps in getting to know fellow Staff Week participants.
We will inform all applicants of the outcome and send further information of the week to the selected participants by 6 April. We do not recommend to make any travel arrangements before that as we might not be able to accept all applicants.
Helsinki is a relatively small capital city and the public transportation system is excellent.
- Please see Metropolia's teacher and staff exchange website for information on e.g. arriving to Helsinki, local transport, and events in the Helsinki area.
- Helsinki Day 2018: Helsinki will once again celebrate and entertain residents and visitors on its birthday, 12 June. Check for more information here!
- NB! Since we may not be able to select all applicants to the Staff Week due to limited space, we do not recommend you to book accommodation or plane tickets before you have received an official acceptance e-mail from Metropolia to the staff week.
e-mail: anna-liisa.auramo (at) metropolia.fi
tel: +358 40 356 3775
Erasmus and other official documents
Erasmus Institutional Coordinator Marika Antikainen will sign the participants' official documents, such as Erasmus Work Programmes, either beforehand upon request, or after arrival. All participants will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
e-mail: marika.antikainen (at) metropolia.fi
tel: +358 40 681 1244
The participation fee is 120 € and to be paid by 30 April 2018. Please make the payment by bank transfer.
Please make bank transfer to:
IBAN Account No: FI4580001971273918
SWIFT/BIC Address: DABAFIHH
Reference: International Staff Week 2018, Name of Participant/s
Reference number: 7054
Tax ID of Metropolia: FI20945511
The participants are expected to cover their costs for travel, accommodation and daily expenses independently from their own funds, e.g. Erasmus+ Staff Mobility or other funds.
Please note, that participation fee is non-refundable.