Through the collaboration of three entrepreneurship societies (LaureaES, Xes Helsinki and MetES) in major universities of applied sciences, we want to strengthen the entrepreneurial atmosphere and create a community of able future entrepreneurs in Helsinki and the larger urban area. The 3AMK ES Alliance is expected to deliver three key results:
- Increase the reach of entrepreneurship societies, measured by the number of students participating in the activities. The current baseline of 1500 participations per year is expected to grow 50-100% annually during the project.
- Increase the impact of entrepreneurship societies, measured by the change in student’s awareness, attitudes and perceptions of entrepreneurship, development of entrepreneurial competence, but also through student’s involvement in startups and intentionality of starting a business.
- Increase the number of new business ideas and students entering the in-house incubators, accelerator services, and entrepreneurship studies of the three universities of applied science, in order to increase the number and quality of new startups.
All activities, events and services by the 3AMK ES Alliance are made available to all students of Laurea, Haaga-Helia and Metropolia universities of applied science.
WP2 MetES Activities
- Solidify Metropolia Student Entrepreneur Ambassador Network in Metropolia that operates Metropolia Entrepreneurship Society. The Student Entrepreneur Ambassadors represents the wide variety of degree programmes from each Metropolia campus.
- Peer-to-Peer guidance and mentoring where more experienced Student Entrepreneur Ambassadors will share their experience, network and contacts as well as their method of work.
- The leadership of Metropolia ES will make sure to work intimately with LaureaES and Xes HElsinki to facilitate cross-pollination of students from different university backgrounds to systematically guide forming of multidisciplinary teams.
- Entrepreneurship Session Series - Introductory lectures on Entrepreneurship in order to approach and engage
- The ultimate objective of the earlier points is to lead facilitation of new startup projects and teams to increase the likelihood and chances to construct solid new startup companies in Helsinki XR Center and/or Urbanfarmlab for instance, eventually leading to increase in numbers of new startups in Helsinki.
- Scalable Entrepreneur Ambassador concept, a concept book.
- Curated list of relevant events, meetups, groups and excursions for knowledge transfer e.g. a cheat-sheet.
- Co-create a systematic method for cross-pollination 3UAS students, e.g. a manual.
- Reoccuring Entrepreneurship Session Series that are engaging, consistent, regular and impactful, minimum 4 times a month for instance.
- House and facilitate the most solid teams at Helsinki XR Center in Helsinki and Urbanfarmlab in Vantaa.
Hannes Jesar, project manager
hannes.jesar [at] metropolia.fi