The project supports the development and implementation of online courses in higher music education institutions in the Nordic & Baltic region.
Duration of the project is 3 years (funding applied for each year separately).
By end of Year 1:
- Min. 5 new online or blended learning courses in English implemented in the partner institutions
- Increased teacher capacity to assess the technical, administrative and human resource requirements for developing and implementing online study units
- Increased teacher skills in implementing online study units (e.g. familiarity with one software, quality criteria, materials and assignments, assessment)
- Increased teacher understanding of online pedagogy in the context of Higher Music Education (e.g. the role of the teacher, interaction, flexibility)
By the end of the 3-year project:
- Total 10-20 new online courses in English, partly available for students in all partner institutions
- Robust teacher skills and competence in developing and implementing online study units (e.g. proficiency in 1-3 softwares & tools, quality criteria, course design, materials and assignments, assessment and feedback, etc.)
- Robust knowledge and understanding of online pedagogy in the context of Higher Music Education (e.g. shifting roles and power between teacher, student and technology; time and space; interaction)
- Competence to further share developed knowledge
- A final report/handbook on online music pedagogy and/or other relevant topic
Jere Laukkanen, Project Manager
Jere.Laukkanen [at] metropolia.fi