The project is over.
The Nordic network/project Aesthetic learning and qualified empathy in arts and social education researches and seeks to create aesthetic educational modules and innovative strategies for the development of teaching strategies and implementation in a diversity of fields in higher education.
The partnership and collaboration between three Nordic higher education institutions include:
- Zealand University College of Social Education, Roskilde, Denmark
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Helsinki, Finland
The groups was formed on the basis of the recognition that there is a need for more compassion and empathy between human beings and with nature in the modern world. We need to care for the well-being and flourishing of our current and future environments as well as ourselves and our fellow human beings. Ensuring a safe and just environment for humanity entails taking responsibility for our future. Empathic understanding between individuals and groups is imperative.
The overall goals and objectives are to:
- investigate and gain insight into the complexity of the term ’qualified empathy’ through the exploration of diverse approaches in theory and practice
- exchange best aesthetic and social pedagogical practices to teach qualified empathy and create modules for cross- professional curricula
- initiate and sustain student and teacher exchange between partner institutions
- establish an international qualified empathy network
The nature of this project is Nordic cooperation and a respectful exchange of different cultural perspectives. The outcomes, including the development of the network and the understanding acquired through intercultural experiences, will be disseminated in seminars, courses, articles etc. throughout the project period. This projects is supported by the Nordplus Higher Education.
tki-info [at] metropolia.fi (tki-info[at]metropolia[dot]fi)
tel. +358 40 641 8113
eija.raatikainen [at] metropolia.fi (eija[dot]raatikainen[at]metropolia[dot]fi)