Action period: 01.04.2019-31.12.2021
Project manager: Lemettinen Outi
Funding: Ministry of Education and Culture (special subsidy)
The aim of the project is to expand on the previously developed SIMHEapp application as follows:
- secure data transfer to the renewed Studyinfo.fi
- develop a section for flexible, non-degree related study paths, and
- build an interface with Job Market (Työmarkkinatori).
As a result, a digital service to support the employment of international talents will be developed.
At the same time, the aim is to establish the well-received SIMHEapp concept as a national tool in the field of higher education and immigrant services. Central to this goal is to ensure the functionality and quality of the application, as well as an approach based on needs.
The service is free-of-charge to users and other organisations.
Karelia University of Applied Sciences coordinates the project and other project partners are Metropolia University of Applied Sciences and Oulu University of Applied Sciences.
The project will have the following results.
- SIMHE institutions produce a functional mobile application, updated based on needs, and including secured data transfer and links to Studyinfo.fi.
- Digital guidance and counseling services and recognition of competences via mobile services makes guiding immigrants to appropriate study paths easier and faster.
- Immigrants will be more aware of continuing education paths and possibilities of employment. The companies in the regions fill their labor needs more easily.
- Services are more accessible and more geographically equal. This significantly improves immigrants’ integration to society and their employment prospects.
- The participating institutions of higher education have stronger counselling services for immigrants, improved student recruitment as well as more knowledge on digital services.
- An established and further developing mobile service for immigrant support, maintained by SIMHE institutions.