Sohjoa Last Mile project was coordinated by Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, with consortium of seven project partners and support form Interreg Baltic Sea Region, with total budget of 898 203,00 €. Project lasted from October 2020 to March 2022 with implementation period ending by 31st December 2021.
In 2021, Sohjoa Last Mile implemented three automated electric shuttle (robot bus) remote operating pilots in Kongsberg, Tallinn and Gdansk. The pilots take place both in closed and open areas and they provide information for the future remote fleet operating. The aim was to study the future remote fleet operating.
- Finland: Metropolia University of Applied Sciences & Forum Virium Helsinki
- Estonia: City of Tallinn & Tallinn University of Technology
- Latvia: Zemgale Planning Region
- Norway: Kongsberg Municipality
- Poland: City of Gdansk
Key message is that developing autonomous mobility requires actions now! Based on the Sohjoa Last Mile project consortium's collaborative work, we carved out the current possibilities and limitations of developing the autonomous mobility in public transport sector in the Baltic Sea region. The focus in the near future should be on regulatory changes. Regarding the EU-level legal framework and national regulations on deployment and development of shared autonomous public transport services are required urgently.
Reports and materials
In addition to pilots, Sohjoa Last Mile project consortium organized national workshop events and produced Key Messages as well as output reports.
Please find specific content with direct link to media or document, as listed below:
- Tallinn pilot output report 2021 document (Google Drive)
- Gdansk pilot output report 2021 document (Google Drive)
- Kongsberg pilot output report 2021 document (Google Drive)
- Three pilots, comparison report 2021 (Google Drive)
- Pilot in Tallinn, Estonia April 2021, video on YouTube.
- Sohjoa Last Mile three robot bus pilots 2021, video with subtitles on YouTube
- Sohjoa Last Mile three robot bus pilots 2021, video with subtitles and audio description on YouTube
- Sohjoa Last Mile Masterclass with CEO of Holo, 20th May 2021, webinar recording with subtitles on Youtube
- Key Messages video "Sohjoa Last Mile: developing autonomous mobility requires regulatory action now" on YouTube
- Key Messages Developing autonomous mobility requires attention now, slide presentation (Google Drive)
Additional reports will be listed during reporting period 2022.
Please contact tki-info [at] metropolia.fi for more information.