Metropolia UAS is taking part to EU-project “Creative Classroom” leaded by BCS Koolitus AS from Estonia. Other partners are Tallinn University (Estonia), Sveuciliste U Rijeci/ UNIRI (Croatia) and Univerza V Ljubljani (Slovenia). Project has been started at September 2014 and will continue until the end of August 2016.
Under the leadership and guidance of the experts from Estonia, Finland, Slovenia and Croatia the group of Estonian teachers will go through 4 workshop sessions handling various approaches and methodologies that teachers can adopt in their classrooms all in the goal of raising the competence and skills in innovative ICT use in education. Based on the knowledge gained in the workshops the teachers will develop a lesson guide book with different ICT related innovative learning and teaching methodologies including best practices that all teachers from all over Europe can use in class in delivering the curricula.
Overall goals for Creative Classroom workshops:
- Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments
- Model digital age work and learning
- Promote and model digital citizenship and responsibility
- Engage in professional growth and leadership
The main tasks of the current strategic partnership:
- Gathering and interpreting evidence of readiness of the shift to innovative education from the aspect of teachers, students and schools in Estonia;
- Designing and delivering up-skilling workshops for Estonian teachers with the combined knowledge from Estonia, Croatia, Slovenia and Finland.;
- Developing an electronic guidebook of innovative ICT learning and teaching methodologies and tools for an open use in schools Europe wide;
- Organizing school visits and a video conference to showcase and disseminate the developed guidebook.
The main result of the project is the developed electronic lesson guide book in Estonian and in English. In addition, the project process provides teachers with a community to showcase and exchange ideas and experiences on innovative ICT in teaching practices which will strongly support the further development of the field.
tel. +358 40 733 4523
katri.myllyla metropolia fi
patrick.ausderau metropolia fi