Smart CAMPUS aims to achieve a significant reduction in energy consumption, through the installation of ICT based services at pilot buildings in four European universities. These services will be integrated with the energy management systems present in the pilot buildings and provide guidance that will lead to user behaviour transformation towards more energy efficient practices. The possibility to actively interact, in a dynamic way, with the buildings energy management systems, allows for the users to control the environmental conditions of their workspaces in a way that until now has not been possible and become aware of their energy consuming habits in the process, while at the same time the energy management systems learn and adapt to specific user routines.
The implementation of Living Lab methodology will lead to the co-design and co-creation of the digital services with the users, ensuring higher solution sustainability and better user requirement identification, which translates in a higher success rate of behaviour transformation and long term acceptance of the proposed solution.
The SMART CAMPUS project aims to achieve the following strategic objectives:
- Implement 4 Energy Efficiency Pilots located at University Campi in Helsinki (Metropolia), Lisboa (IST), Luleå (LTU) and Milano (POLIMI)
- Develop the Intelligent Energy Management System Integration including dynamic negotiation of building environmental condition and user interaction
- Provide Real Time Information on energy consumption and building environmental conditions
- Engage users in actively interacting with building intelligent energy management system
- Apply and develop new User Behaviour Transformation Methodologies (Living Labs)
- Produce Policy Recommendations
tel. 020 783 6265
veikko.koivumaa metropolia fi