Training is suitable for basic training in building information model/modelling for construction professionals. No previous BIM knowledge is required.
- Introduction to BIM
- BIM guidelines, policies and regulations
- IFC basics and information exchange
- BIM tools, technologies and processes
- BIM in design [Architectural, Structural, Building Services]
- BIM in construction
- BIM based collaboration
- BIM in facility and life-cycle management
- BIM utilization
- rule-based checking
- quantity take-off
- energy efficiency and low-carbon construction
- Solibri, Trimble Connect (primary)
- Graphisoft ArchiCAD, Tekla Structures, MagiCAD, SimpleBIM, Dalux (demos)
Training consists online session and independent assignments.
The course is held in English.
- Recall essential contents, summarize and give examples of BIM terminologies, definitions and standards.
- Explain the fundamentals of building information model/modelling/management (BIM)
- Describe and utilize BIM methods and tools in construction processes.
- Define key approaches, uses and advantages of BIM during the whole life-cycle
- Evaluate and implement BIM processes
- Develop critical thinking approach in BIM based projects
- Check and validate BIM information content required for design, construction and operation phases of a project
- Understand and implement BIM based collaboration approaches for construction project
- You'll receive a certificate from the passed training.
The training is carried out online in April-May 2023. Duration of the course is 8x4 hours.
1 ECTS credit = 27 hours of workload to a participant.
Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland’s largest university of applied sciences, educates the professionals of tomorrow in the fields of Business, Culture, Health care and Social services, and Technology.
In our community people and worlds meet to create insight, expertise and well-being for both the professional life and life in general. You can count on Metropolia as a reliable partner and an innovator in higher education. Through cooperation we discover new ideas and solutions to build a better future.