- Metropolia's new Developer Campus for Smart Solutions in Karamalmi, Espoo was opened on 22 August 2019.
- Metropolia's operations of Leppävaara Campus will move to Karamalmi Campus, address Karaportti 2, Espoo, gradually 2019-20.
- Almost 400 first-year students of ICT and Industrial Management Degree Programmes will be the first ones to study on Karamalmi Campus starting from August 2019.
- The tuition of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year degree students of ICT and Industrial Management is organized on Myyrmäki Campus in Vantaa and Myllypuro Campus in Helsinki until moving to Karamalmi Campus, utilizing multiform studies.
- The remodeling of Karamalmi Campus from an office site to modern learning spaces will start in Sept-Oct 2019.
At Metropolia’s ICT campus in Espoo, the focus is on quality and innovation. The campus has strong connections to companies and to the world. Through projects we help to develop tomorrow’s solutions in smart technology and cutting-edge process management.
There will be 2 500 students and 100 staff members operating on Espoo Campus.
Leppävaara Campus in Espoo was closed on March 4, 2019 due to safety reasons. The property owner, City of Espoo, informed Metropolia about the poor condition of the campus structures on Feb 14, 2019 and urged Metropolia to move campus activities away as soon as possible to maximize students and staff members security.
The following degree programmes operate on the campus:
Visiting Karamalmi Campus
- Karamalmi Campus is located in Espoo 22 minutes drive from Helsinki-Vantaa airport.
- From Helsinki City Center the campus is best accessed by train (A, U) to Leppävaara and further by bus to the campus (for example buses 532, 238, 235, 236). To find up-to-date train and bus connections and timetables please use the journey planner
- The campus is located 4 kilometres west from Leppävaara, Espoo (bus connection recommended)
- From the train station Kera, Espoo, it takes 15 minutes (1 km) to walk to the campus
- Navigation: Karaportti 2, Espoo