Next programme will start 12.8.2024
Enrollment to autumn 2024 courses - Fill in the online registration form (e-lomake)
Career Boost for business accounting is targeted to professionals who wish to update their knowledge of financial and management accounting and understand better the work environment and expectations of this field in Finland.
By completing the programme, you will learn to produce bookkeeping and financial statements according to Finnish legislation and taxation practices. You will also learn about salary administration and how salary entries are done. You will be able to produce and analyze financial data to support decision-making, e.g. budgets, reports, indicators, analyses and calculations of costs and profitability. The programme also prepares you to use business intelligence and analytics tools for developing business solutions of quality and impact. In addition, integrated Finnish language studies will help you improve your substance related Finnish language skills to the next level.
By completing the programme you will improve your employment prospects in management accounting and analytics, e.g. as a controller, consultant of profitability accounting, financial manager or analyst. You can also find employment in financial accounting in duties such as salary administration, bookkeeping or management of accounts ledger.
Mode of delivery, structure and timing
- Language of tuition: Finnish
- Duration: From August 12th until 12th December 2024 (Monday-Friday at 9 am - 4 pm)
- Extent: 40 ECTS credits
- Location: Campus Myyrmäki, Leiritie 1, Vantaa. Studies include also some distance learning
- Seats available: 30
- Courses are free of charge
Career Boost Programme in Business Accounting consists of 40ECTS that includes:
- Business accounting (10 ECTS)
- Management accounting (5 ECTS)
- Business analytics and tools (10 ECTS)
- Career skills and network with local employers (5 ECTS)
- Professional Finnish (10 ECTS)
- A higher education degree in business or similar from abroad
- Native language other than Finnish, Swedish or Sami
- Language requirement: min. B1 level in Finnish
- Work experience and independent learning of business administration is an asset
- Ability to take initiative and learn independently and interest in the thematic area of business administration
- Motivated to develop your skills and find employment in the Finnish job market in your field of expertise
Registration ends on 15th of May 2024 at 4.00 pm or untill the seats are fullfilled.
Information on study courses: Lead Lecturer Niklas Visanko, niklas.visanko [at] metropolia.fi (niklas[dot]visanko[at]metropolia[dot]fi)