The Data Driven Construction Innovation Hub aims to be a highly desirable hub in national and international Built Environment Innovation Ecosystem. The Hub seeks to lead flagship programs with a network of active innovators- researchers, practitioners, educators and students.
The key objectives of the hub in the near term (2020-2024) are
- to initiate 3 flagship programs, one each in the areas of
- Digitally supported situation awareness (sensing, monitoring, tracking, analyzing and decision-making) in construction and real estate.
- Education, pedagogy and learning including the introduction of innovative curriculum, learning technologies and multidisciplinary educational programs
- Design driven innovation through Design for X Methodologies, where X can be Modularity and prefabrication, manufacturing and assembly, energy efficiency and sustainability, etc.
- to build requisite regional, national and international partnerships for each of the flagship programs
- to launch a networked-model based Human Resources (HR) initiative to build an agile team comprising of full time Metropolia personnel, part-time and affiliate Metropolia personnel, visiting personnel (e.g. visiting researchers, student interns) and affiliate experts (e.g. consultants) who collectively seek to achieve the goals in the flagship programs.
- to create internal seed funds and open idea calls for supporting divergent ideas and equal distribution of opportunities for personnel in our networked team to propose, plan and lead RDI activities
- to leverage the HR initiative and open idea calls to strengthen our Internal RDI and teaching capacity
- to target high quality funded RDI projects, together with our partners
Research focus at Data Driven Construction Innovation Hub
What is Digital Construction? | The B1M
Digital Construction: Uses and Applications
The construction site in the digital age
THE CULTURE OF DIGITAL CONSTRUCTION
TIetomalli mullistaa rakentamisen
Head of School, School of Real Estate and Construction
jorma.sateri [at] metropolia.fi
tel. +358 40 548 5429
anna-maria.vilkuna [at] metropolia.fi
tel. +358 40 334 7929