SIMHE career guidance and counselling help immigrants to map their competences and to identify suitable study and career paths in Finland.
Career guidance based on your needs
We will not give you any ready-made solutions. Instead, we help you to:
- find the study and/or career path suitable for you
- identify your own skills and competence as well as your strengths and development needs
- reflect on your options to find employment in Finland in your professional field or to learn new and develop your competence towards new career opportunities.
The service is available for immigrants in Finland who
- have completed a higher education degree abroad or in Finland, or
- are interested in higher education studies in Finland
- are currently employed, unemployed, or on a family leave
Practicalities and instructions
- Fill in the sign up form for a Career Guidance. A career coach will contact you and suggest a time for an appointment
- Duration: max one hour
- Language: Finnish or English
- The service is offered online or at Metropolia Campus
- After the appointment you will receive a summary with all the tips to your e-mail
- The service is free of charge
Prepare for the discussion in advance
You may reflect on the following questions:
- What have you studied before and what are your skills and competences?
- Are you interested in supplementing your previous studies for example by taking courses in an open university?
- Do you plan to start studies in higher education for the first time, or do you wish to enter in a totally new field of study?
- What are your career plans?
- How do your study and/or career plans fit to the current situation in your life?