In the Elderly Care services of HyMy-Village, the social and healthcare students of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences will meet you expertly and without haste, under the supervision of the supervising teachers. Together we can support your good aging.
Individual service and support for life with memory disorders
Do you want to discuss without haste your life situation? Do you need support and help in everyday life? Do you need more information about memory disorders ?
In HyMy-Village, we offer individual services for people with a memory disorders and their loved ones, to support their well-being and functional ability, as well as living at home.
In the appointment, we map your life situation and you will get individual guidance and counseling.
- In the first meeting, we will discuss your wishes and needs regarding meetings.
- You can come to the meeting once or more times, depending on your needs.
Individual meetings are available from 10.10. to 16.12.2022 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The duration of the meeting is 1.5 h.
Book an appointment by visiting or calling our customer service.
Small group meetings
The small group meetings focus on different themes and in them you have the opportunity to discuss and get more information on the topic.
Themes for small group meetings
- Wed 19.10. 13.00 - 14.30 Oral self-care
- Wed 2.11. 13:00 - 14:30 Memory disorders and nutrition
- Wed 9.11. 13:00 - 14:30 Memory disorders and exercise
- Wed 16.11. 13:00 - 14:30 Home safety and small aids
Register for small group meetings by visiting or calling our customer service.
Meeting Point for multicultural elderly people and their caregivers
Come and meet others, hear and discuss the impact of lifestyles on brain health and memory. Spend a refreshing moment in a multicultural group!
Meeting Point is organized by Metropolia's elderly care students once a week, on the Myllypuro Campus.
Our focus is on the importance of lifestyles for the promotion of brain health and the prevention of memory disorders.
The first meeting is on 15th of September and the schedule and themes for Autumn 2022 will be specified very soon.
In cooperation with:
Association of Caregivers of the Helsinki Metropolitan Area (Polli) and JADE Action Center
For your benefit
At HyMy-Village, our main goal is to provide quality wellbeing and health services without haste and taking into account your individual situation.
Good to know
- In HyMy-Village you are a client in a learning situation where our students practice, under the supervision of teachers, in addition to their professional skills, e.g. people-centered interaction with clients.
- The research and rehabilitation plan made for you by our students is always checked and approved by the supervising teachers.
- During your visit, in addition to the corresponding student, his or her student colleagues may be involved in observing the situation.
- If you look younger than 13 years old, we will check your age, as under the age of 13 requires parental consent to participate in the activity.
Your feedback is important to us
Our goal is to provide you expert, flexible and personalized service without haste. Your feedback is important to us for the development of our operations and services. Please, give us feedback on the e-form: https://elomake.metropolia.fi/lomakkeet/29769/lomakkeet.html
HyMy-Village Patient Ombudsman
- provide information about the client's rights and status
- advises and, if necessary, assists in issuing a reminder or patient injury report
- advises on matters related to patients' law
The patient ombudsman does not provide explanations or take a position on treatment decisions or possible treatment damage.
You can submit a contact request to the patient ombudsman by e-mail to potilasasiamies.hymykyla [at] metropolia.fi
Metropolia has a health insurance for patient injuries covered by the Patient Injury Act. Metropolia also has a general liability insurance for damages taking place in education. The terms and conditions of the liability insurance can be seen in HyMy-Village.