In the Elderly Care services of HyMy Village, the social and healthcare students of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences will meet you expertly and without haste. Our staff, who are health care professionals, are responsible for the services. Together we can support your good aging.
Individual service and support for life with memory disorders
Do you want to have an unhurried conversation about your life situation? Do you need support and help in everyday life? Do you want information about aging or are you interested in things related to memory? Want to discuss life with dementia? Are you thinking about loneliness, coping or the services of your residential area?
In HyMy Village, we offer you various well-being and functional ability as well as services that support living at home.
During the appointment, we will survey your life situation and you will receive individual guidance and counseling. The topics of the meetings arise from your wishes and needs. If you wish, you can come to the meeting once or more times depending on your needs.
The duration of the meeting is 1.5 h.
Book an appointment by visiting or calling our customer service.
Small group meetings
The small group meetings focus on different themes and in them you have the opportunity to discuss and get more information on the topic.
Themes for small group meetings
- Wed 27.9. 14:00 - 15:30 - Theme: Oral health and self-care.
- Wed 4.10. 14:00 - 15:30 - Theme: Music and memory.
- Wed 11.10. 14:00 - 15:30 - Theme: Promotion of interests and Living will
- Wed 25.10. 14:00 - 15:30 - Theme: Age and vision.
Register for small group meetings by visiting or calling our customer service.
Meeting Point for multicultural elderly people and their caregivers
Come and meet others, hear and discuss the impact of lifestyles on brain health and memory. Spend a refreshing moment in a multicultural group!
Meeting Point is organized by Metropolia's elderly care students on the Myllypuro Campus.
Our focus is on the importance of lifestyles for the promotion of brain health and the prevention of memory disorders.
In cooperation with:
Association of Caregivers of the Helsinki Metropolitan Area (Polli) and JADE Action Center
For your benefit
At HyMy Village, our main goal is to provide quality wellbeing and health services without haste and taking into account your individual situation.
Good to know
- In HyMy-Village you are a client in a learning situation where our students practice, under the supervision of teachers, in addition to their professional skills, e.g. people-centered interaction with clients.
- The research and rehabilitation plan made for you by our students is always checked and approved by the supervising teachers.
- During your visit, in addition to the corresponding student, his or her student colleagues may be involved in observing the situation.
- If you look younger than 13 years old, we will check your age, as under the age of 13 requires parental consent to participate in the activity.
Your feedback is important to us
Our goal is to provide you expert, flexible and personalized service without haste. Your feedback is important to us for the development of our operations and services. Please, give us feedback on the e-form.
HyMy-Village Patient Ombudsman
- provide information about the client's rights and status
- advises and, if necessary, assists in issuing a reminder or patient injury report
- advises on matters related to patients' law
The patient ombudsman does not provide explanations or take a position on treatment decisions or possible treatment damage.
You can submit a contact request to the patient ombudsman by e-mail to potilasasiamies.hymykyla [at] metropolia.fi (potilasasiamies[dot]hymykyla[at]metropolia[dot]fi)
Metropolia has a health insurance for patient injuries covered by the Patient Injury Act. Metropolia also has a general liability insurance for damages taking place in education. The terms and conditions of the liability insurance can be seen in HyMy Village.