In the family services of HyMy Village, you will be met expertly and without haste by our multiprofessional team of students at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, under the supervision of the supervising teachers.
Our goal is to support the wellbeing and health of you, your family and the individual who belong to it, with our diverse range of services.
Our service offering includes Autumn 2022 e.g.
- family coaching
- breastfeeding guidance
- family café activities
Support for the beginning of breastfeeding
Welcome to breastfeeding guidance if you are pregnant or have recently given birth and need information or support related to breastfeeding.
- In breastfeeding guidance, you get individual guidance and support for breastfeeding and starting breastfeeding.
- Guidance includes verbal counseling and, if necessary, observation of possible breastfeeding.
- The aim is to increase your breastfeeding knowledge and support your breastfeeding confidence.
- The guidance is carried out by a student completing a midwife or health nurse degree or breastfeeding guidance training under the guidance of a teacher.
Breastfeeding appointments are available between September 1st and December 20th, 2022. Book an appointment visiting or calling our customer service.
The breastfeeding reception service is free of charge.
Family Café Activities
Our family café activities will continue in the spring of 2022 in co-operation with the Mannerheimin lastensuojeluliitto.
Spring opening hours will be specified in the end of August 2022.
The family training provided by Metropolia's midwifery students will continue in the Autumn of 2022. The schedule and contents will be specified in the end of August 2022.
For your benefit
At HyMy Village, our main goal is to provide quality wellbeing and health services without haste and taking into account your individual situation.
Good to know
- In HyMy-Village you are a client in a learning situation where our students practice, under the supervision of teachers, in addition to their professional skills, e.g. people-centered interaction with clients.
- The research and rehabilitation plan made for you by our students is always checked and approved by the supervising teachers.
- During your visit, in addition to the corresponding student, his or her student colleagues may be involved in observing the situation.
- If you look younger than 13 years old, we will check your age, as under the age of 13 requires parental consent to participate in the activity.
Your feedback is important to us
Our goal is to provide you expert, flexible and personalized service without haste. Your feedback is important to us for the development of our operations and services. Please, give us feedback on the e-form.
HyMy-Village Patient Ombudsman
- provide information about the client's rights and status
- advises and, if necessary, assists in issuing a reminder or patient injury report
- advises on matters related to patients' law
The patient ombudsman does not provide explanations or take a position on treatment decisions or possible treatment damage.
You can submit a contact request to the patient ombudsman by e-mail to potilasasiamies.hymykyla [at] metropolia.fi
Metropolia has a health insurance for patient injuries covered by the Patient Injury Act. Metropolia also has a general liability insurance for damages taking place in education. The terms and conditions of the liability insurance can be seen in HyMy Village.