In the osteopathy services at HyMy Village, you will be met expertly and without haste by the osteopathy students at Metropolia University of Applied Sciences. Our staff, who are health care professionals, are responsible for the services.
- At the first visit, we will interview you and review your health history, observe and examine posture and spinal mobility while you are in your underwear.
- As a follow-up visit, we will continue to explore observations of whole-body function and structures, palpating the soft tissues and movements of the spine and limbs.
- After the examination, we will work out a plan with you to support your rehabilitation and we will do the manual treatment.
When you visit, you can also bring home care instructions, which we will review with you.
Our visit recommendation is 3-5 visits every week, but we will make the assessment individually depending on the nature of your ailment.
Students and pensioners receive a 20% discount
Cancellations must be made at least one day in advance of the scheduled appointment.
|First visit, consisting of an initial interview and examination||75 minutes||35 €||28 €|
|Follow-up visit, consisting of an interview, examination and manual manipulation||60 minutes||35 €||28 €|
What does the Osteopath do?
Osteopath is a healthcare professional familiar with manual, diagnostic and treatment methods. Osteopath examines the function and structures of the entire human body, observing posture, sensing soft tissues, examining and sensing movements of the spine and limb joints.
During their studies, the osteopathy student practices to learn musculoskeletal disorders and functional disorders of the body.
The most common reasons for seeking osteopathy services are back and joint pain, but it can also be caused by stress, migraines, or functional indigestion.
For your benefit
At HyMy Village, our main goal is to provide quality wellbeing and health services without haste and taking into account your individual situation.
Good to know
- In HyMy-Village you are a client in a learning situation where our students practice, under the supervision of teachers, in addition to their professional skills, e.g. people-centered interaction with clients.
- The research and rehabilitation plan made for you by our students is always checked and approved by the supervising teachers.
- During your visit, in addition to the corresponding student, his or her student colleagues may be involved in observing the situation.
- If you look younger than 13 years old, we will check your age, as under the age of 13 requires parental consent to participate in the activity.
Your feedback is important to us
Our goal is to provide you expert, flexible and personalized service without haste. Your feedback is important to us for the development of our operations and services. Please, give us feedback on the e-form.
HyMy-Village Patient Ombudsman
- provide information about the client's rights and status
- advises and, if necessary, assists in issuing a reminder or patient injury report
- advises on matters related to patients' law
The patient ombudsman does not provide explanations or take a position on treatment decisions or possible treatment damage.
You can submit a contact request to the patient ombudsman by e-mail to potilasasiamies.hymykyla [at] metropolia.fi (potilasasiamies[dot]hymykyla[at]metropolia[dot]fi)
Metropolia has a health insurance for patient injuries covered by the Patient Injury Act. Metropolia also has a general liability insurance for damages taking place in education. The terms and conditions of the liability insurance can be seen in HyMy Village.