The Masters Program in Leadership and Development in Emergency Care provides the graduate with the ability to work in the management and advanced positions in social- and health care organizations. During the studies you will strengthen your expertise in the innovation, leadership and development of prehospital care.
Degree: Master of Health Care
Duration: 2 years
Extent: 90 ECTS
Location: Myllypuro campus, Helsinki
Who is this program for?
The Masters Program in Leadership and Development in Emergency Care is meant for you, if:
- You have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent that is applicable to this area
- You are a professional and you have at least two years of work experience in prehospital emergency care accumulated after the Bachelors Degree
- You have a desire to strengthen and expand your expertise and to develop your leadership and development qualities in the context of prehospital care
The Masters Program in leadership and development in prehospital care provides you with tools to manage and develop different emergency medical services. You will also learn how to configure the prehospital care service level analysing different risk stratification statistics and how to work in different advanced prehospital provider positions. Learning how to develop and manage prehospital care operative system is also part of the studies.
Structure of the studies
- Leadership in Emergency Care (20 ECTS)
- Development and Leadership Studies (20 ECTS)
- Research and development studies (40 ECTS) including master´s thesis
- Elective studies (10 ECTS)
Head of Degree Programme
jukka.lehtimaki [at] metropolia.fi