Metropolia’s Arabia Culture Campus is a vibrant urban arena for ideas and stories. The campus attracts creative minds from diverse cultural fields, continuing the district’s long tradition of arts and design while boldly moving ahead in new directions.
Metropolia's all operations of Culture and Arts will be centralized in Arabia, Helsinki by 2020. Metropolia will serve an important role in contributing and profiling area as Helsinki's heart of creative arts.
There will be 1400 students and 200 staff members in Arabia Campus. The campus will be located in two premises 500 meters apart: a new campus in Arabia135 was opened in August 2018, address Hämeentie 135 D, and the present campus in Hämeentie 161 yet remains.
Degree programmes in Hämeentie 135 D
- Conservation, Bachelor's degree
- Conservation, Master's degree
- Cultural Management, Bachelor's degree
- Cultural Management, Master's degree
- Design, Bachelor's degree
- Design, Master's degree
- Fashion and Clothing, Bachelor's degree
- Fashion and Clothing, Master's degree
- Media, Bachelor's degree
- Media Production, Master's degree
Visiting Arabia Campus Arabia135
Arabia Campus is located in the block of Arabia135 in Helsinki’s area called Arabianranta with long tradition of arts. The address is Hämeentie 135 D, Helsinki.
You can reach Arabia Campus from Helsinki Central Station by car in 10 minutes, by public transportation in less than 30 minutes and by bicycle in 25 minutes. The campus can be reached from Helsinki-Vantaa airport in 20 minutes.
- Tram number 6 has its terminal point in Arabia
- Bus lines 71, 71v and 68 from Helsinki Railway Square, and line 74 from Hakaniemi stop near the entrance of the Arabia Campus
- Crossing bus traffic lines run along Koskelantie and Viikintie, a 600-meter-walk from the campus
- Buses towards Lahti and north run along Lahdenväylä, Highway 4
- To find tram, bus and bicycle connections and timetables, please use the journey planner
- The City Bike station is located in front of the entrance of the Campus
- Attach and lock your bicycle on the cycle stands in front of the doorway A
- To Helsinki city center 10 min.
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport 20 min.
- Ring I 8 min.
- Ring III 15 min.
- Highway 4 towards Lahti and north 5 min.
- Finnish national road 1 towards Turku 20-25 min.
- Vihdintie 20 min.
- Free car parking places are available for 2 or 4 hours on the roadsides of the nearby streets.
- Arabia Car Park, address Arabiankatu 10, Helsinki, available 24 hours
- Q-Park Arabiakeskus, address Hämeentie 135, Helsinki, is a smaller car park, the opening hours
In front of Hämeentie 135 doorway A.
New Building for Music Education
Info coming soon
Arabia 135 on map
One of Metropolia's campuses focusing on Culture and Creative Arts is located in Hämeentie 161, Arabianranta, Helsinki. The following degree programmes operate in Arabia161:
The oldest part of the campus was built in 1899 to industrial use, and later, it has been renovated into a modern learning environment.
Metropolia has also premises in Hämeentie 135 D. Metropolia provides music training in Arabiankatu 2 sharing premises with Helsinki Pop & Jazz Conservatory.